Thursday, July 16, 2009

A few updates

Nathan has been lounging around in the full crawling position (hands and knees, tummy off ground and everything) for probably 6 weeks. I thought he would crawl forever ago because he looked so ready! Well, he still isn't crawling in that perfected baby crawl stage, but this week he has definitely entered another stage. He moves forward both knees at the same time in a little "hop", then stretches out and gets in position to do it again. He basically gets all over the living room like that. He is unstoppable. Bryan has to get on the whole baby proofing thing!

Kenna hasn't made it to all fours yet (with tummy off ground) but she has no problem getting around either with some combo of slithering and rolling. She has been so extra cute lately with her two bottom teeth. :) I think she'll have the top two soon also because the gums are all swollen. Nathan has been teething but no teeth yet!

I have one problem right now that I wish I could solve. Nathan has been waking up at 5 am for the last few weeks! I never go in until 6:45 so he just lies there talking, whining, making sounds, etc the whole time. I end up in and out of sleep for the whole time so it's not exactly restful. Every book I have says you can't control the wake up time and I have found that to be true. We put him to bed one night 1.5 hours later and he woke up the same time. He's not starving or anything - I usually don't even feed them until 45 minutes after they get up and they are fine during that time. He doesn't have a dirty diaper, it's not overly light in the room, and he never is rewarded with me coming in. But weeks and weeks this has gone on!! And then he gets super cranky too early before his 9 am nap. I still make him hold out until then to go down but it's like his bio clock is stuck on 5 am. UGH. Poor Kenna - she's such a great sleeper and sometimes by the time I come in in the morning she is sucking her little tiny thumb trying to get back to sleep! Any ideas?

Lastly, I wanted to mention that at our 7 month appt they were both in about the 95th percentile of height - Kenna shot up since the last one from 70 to 97! They are growing like crazy! Nathan weighs over 20 pounds and Kenna over 18.

4 comments:

  1. Didn't I leave you a comment?? I swear I did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I guess not. I wanted to tell you that mine went through a stage like that too, waking up around 5am. I was freaked out, was trying to change their schedule. Anyway, it passed. I have no idea what it was (I was so tired, but scared, lol) hopefully its the same with yours, its just a phase and this to shall pass!! Thanks for the baby updates, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We so had (and sometimes still have) this problem. The 5am wake-up is killer.And everything I've read says there's not much to do about it--and that it's common. I wil lsya one thing that solved it for us was dropping from 3 naps to 2 naps a day. How many is N taking now? Ours went to 2 naps at around 8 months (7 months adjusted).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horry for teeth and crawling!!!

    As for the 5am wake ups, it seems to be a stage all babies go through at some point. Not sure what to advise, but I hope it ends for you soon.

    ReplyDelete