Thursday, July 30, 2009

A big event

One difficult thing about having two babies rather than one is that you can't go to the grocery store because only one baby fits in the cart. While we were using the double snap and go there was a nice storage area underneath and I could at least do a small trip. But last week we had to tuck it away because the babies have outgrown the graco car seats that snap into it and they now have the big convertible seats instead. So we now use the side by side Combi everywhere. It's a great lightweight stroller but there is virtually NO storage. I thought that was the end to my even light weight grocery shopping with the babies. BUT...

drum roll...

today we went to Costco, which is the only place I've ever seen with two baby seats in the cart, and the babies had their first grocery cart experience!! Yes, I did a full Costco shopping trip with Nathan and Kenna riding in the front. I'm so excited (I actually really like grocery shopping because I've gotten way into cooking lately). It occurred to me that if they can sit on their own now, they should do fine in the cart so we ventured out. I parked in the back of the lot where I spotted a cart so I could try it out there and abandon the mission if they were falling over. SUCCESS!

As a side note, I knew I was going to post about this so I decided to count how many people stopped to talk to us (people are fascinated by twins). 17! Yup, 17 people talked to me about them. I think they looked pretty small in the cart compared to babies you usually see sitting up, and with two of them, they caught everyone's attention. It was lots of fun. I really never get tired of people wanting to see them. I'm so proud of my little babies. :)

8 comments:

  1. That is just about the cutest picture I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe,..sooooo cute!! They BOTH love to shop with mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Kenna's upper two teeth!! Wow, so cute! That's great that you had a successful experience grocery shopping with the two of them, that's no small feat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! They are so cute! I probably would have stopped you too! Way to go kiddos and kudos to Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are 16 months old and I haven't done that yet!! Good job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute in that cart!!! I love that photo!! We love our Costco too :) But it doesn't have palm trees by the parking lot :)
    We are still in the snap'n'go and I foolishly push the thing in front with my left hand while I pull a shopping cart behind me with my right - it's really a site to see, but (usually - except for this past weekend when I had a one-baby-meltdown) gets the job done :) I'm so sad that you don't have any grocery stores with double seating in the cart! We are lucky enough to have a grocery store chain (the one we shop at actually) who does have the double carts - so I am sure those will come in handy! I wish they were standard at all stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you for even doing that! :) They look so cute. And wow..17 people. Must have taken you forever to get finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Just found you in your new home here. I enjoy reading about your milestones and can't wait to be comparing notes with you :)

    Haven't got this up on my blog yet but they changed our scheduled delivery day to this Tuesday (Aug. 4). Very excited!

    xo kate

    ReplyDelete